Friday 26 June 2015

The power of the question and the impending answers






Questions: Author Jane Hirshfield examines the power of the question in the essay in the link below, from the Oprah Winfrey site. Photo - Jane Hirshfield Facebook page.



http://www.oprah.com/inspiration/Important-Questions-to-Ask-Yourself

The Oprah Winfrey site has some amazing and encouraging information and I thought this essay by author Jane Hirshfield about question-asking is a winner.

It is lengthy but gets the message across about the liberating effects of asking questions and getting answers that inspire.

As a journalist, I'm asking questions all the time and the kind of questions that engender more than single-word answers.

Hirshfield is right in her essay of how questions can be windows to many things and a way to move forward even.

I believe answers to questions increase our knowledge.

I feel I increase my knowledge a little, bit by bit every day with the number of people I talk to about so many different subjects.

It is definitely a rewarding job, being in the business of asking questions.

I hope this is inspiring for you too!

Enjoy!

BTO.

No comments:

Post a Comment